If you’ve lost some of the natural volume in your lips, it’s possible to restore the fullness and shape with lip injections. At Renaissance Plastic Surgery, we offer lip fillers to men and women who want to achieve improved lip volume without surgery. Our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. David F. Klein, specializes in lip fillers for men and women in Charlotte, Salisbury, Harrisburg, Concord and the surrounding communities of North Carolina.
What is a Lip Filler?
Lip fillers are becoming one of the most popular dermal filler procedures across the age span. There are two categories of patients seeking this procedure: Those noticing vertical lip lines and thinning lips as they age and those who were born with thin lips and want to increase their lip size to match their other features.
Regardless of the reason, the underlying fear seems to be the overdone or “duck lip” look. The truth is, good work typically goes unnoticed. If completed correctly, lip fillers should accent your facial features to provide a beautiful, natural-looking result that can last up to one year. To get this, it’s important to find an experienced injector with before/after photos of their own work who is skilled and will take the time to explain the procedure and set realistic goals to achieve the look you desire.
What Should I Do Before My Lip Filler Procedure?
If you’re considering lip fillers, there are a few things that you will need to do before the procedure:
- Have an idea of what the look you want to achieve
- Have a realistic expectation, not all lips are the same
- Ice afterwards to help minimize swelling and bruising
- Sleep slightly elevated the first night
- Wait 1-2 weeks for your final result to settle in
What Should I Avoid Before My Lip Filler Procedure?
There are also a few things that you will need to avoid before getting a lip filler:
- Don’t take blood thinning medication such as aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil, Vit E or alcohol to minimize the chance of a bruise
- Don’t massage your lips, this can flatten out your filler
- Don’t have a treatment right before a big event
- Don’t worry! Any discomfort is minimal and well worth the end result
If you would like to learn more about lip fillers or schedule a consultation with Dr. Klein, don’t hesitate to contact us. He is board-certified and specializes in helping men and women of Charlotte, Salisbury, Harrisburg and the surrounding areas of North Carolina to achieve their aesthetic goals.