Here is the truth–brace yourself: Everyone ages.
Aging is a natural process; it happens to all of us, and few of us are lucky to look the same at 60 as we did at 20. (And if you are one of those lucky people, what is your secret?!) By taking care of your skin, however, the aging process can be graceful and seamless. In fact, one of the best ways to keep your skin looking fresh and healthy for years is to simply take care of it!
Here Are 8 Tips for Keeping Your Skin Healthy:
1. Drink up! Dehydration can result in dry and wrinkled skin. Although drinking an abundance of water won’t erase wrinkles, it will keep your skin glowing. Refill that bottle, and take care of your skin!
2. Be shady. Not only can the sun lead to premature wrinkles and aging, overexposure can be incredibly dangerous and can even result in skin cancer. It is of the utmost importance that you wear sunscreen, stay in the shade, wear a hat, and do whatever you can to keep your skin safe from the sun.
3. Get to know your skin. Before purchasing the face wash the best branding, be sure that it works for your skin type. Whether you have dry skin, oily skin, or combination skin, understanding what your skin type means can help you to better understand how to treat it.
4. All about the eyes. When you clean your face, be aware that your eyes and lips are very sensitive. Be mindful of this when washing your face. In fact, the area under your eyes is so sensitive, you might want to consider using a cleanser that is made specifically for this area.
5. Remove your make-up. Never sleep in makeup. We can’t say that enough. Use a gentle cleanser to remove your makeup every night.
6. Exfoliate. Not only will exfoliating remove dead skin, it will keep the skin soft and healthy!
7. Moisturize. Remember all of that water we talked about in #1? Moisturizing will help lock the water in, keeping your face fresh and hydrated at all times.
8. Don’t stress. Did you know that pollution, cigarette smoke, and even internal stress can have a negative impact on your face? Skincare products can protect your face from these during the day, but cleansing your face at night is very important.