What is cosmetic eyelid surgery
Also known as blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery improves the appearance of the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both. It gives a rejuvenated appearance to the surrounding area of your eyes, making you look more rested and alert.
• Upper eyelid surgery can remove excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the upper eyelids.
• Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision, can be treated by eyelid lift surgery.
• Lower eyelid blepharoplasty can remove excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid.
• Bags under the eyes can be corrected by blepharoplasty.
• Lower eyelid surgery can correct droopiness of the lower eyelids, showing white below the iris (colored portion of the eye).
Is it right for me?
A blepharoplasty procedure is usually performed on adult men and women who have healthy facial tissue and muscles and have realistic goals for improvement of the upper and/or lower eyelids and surrounding area.
You should undergo blepharoplasty surgery for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
Good candidates for cosmetic eyelid surgery are:
• Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
• Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for blepharoplasty
• Individuals without serious eye conditions
You must tell your doctor if you have any of these medical conditions:
• Eye disease such as glaucoma, dry eye or a detached retina
• Thyroid disorders such as Graves’ disease and under or overactive thyroid
• Cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure or other circulatory disorders or diabetes
Whether for cosmetic or functional reasons, Dr. Klein will guide you to determining your goals regarding blepharoplasty, and then he will achieve these goals, with the help of the talented Your Renaissance team.
Schedule an Appointment