Patients who undergo breast reduction surgery frequently are seeking relief from physical symptoms caused by the excessive weight of large breasts. Breast reduction usually can solve these problems as well as improve the size and shape of your breasts. Following breast reduction, your breasts will be more proportional to the rest of your body, and clothes will fit you better. Dr. Klein of Your Renaissance will determine your individual needs and goals over a personal consultation.
Am I a good candidate for breast reduction?
You may be a good candidate for breast lift surgery if you have one or more of the following conditions:
• breasts that are too large in proportion to your body frame
• heavy, pendulous breasts with nipples and areolas that point downward
• one breast is much larger than the other
• back, neck or shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
• skin irritation beneath your breasts
• indentations in your shoulders from tight bra straps
• restriction of physical activity due to the size and weight of your breasts
• dissatisfaction or self-consciousness about the largeness of your breasts
Breast reduction can be performed at any age, but we usually recommend waiting until breast development has stopped. Childbirth and breast-feeding may have significant and unpredictable effects on the size and shape of your breasts. Nevertheless, many women decide to undergo breast reduction before having children and feel that they can address any subsequent changes later. If you plan to breast-feed in the future, you should discuss this with Dr. Klein.
During the consultation, you will be asked about your desired breast size as well as anything else about your breasts that you would like to see improved. This will help Dr. Klein to understand your expectations and determine whether they realistically can be achieved.
Schedule an Appointment